Wednesday, March 31, 2010

tough to handle !!

My phone rang and it was the my best mate's sister. she feared whether he would return home after his so called' last try to convince her'. it was a monsoon day, so she could niether accompany him which was unlikely due to privacy reasons nor be around him. I agreed to be around the restaurant and pick him up as soon as he's done with girl, which was kind of a relief to his sister.
He called me informing he's ready to go and apologised for the way he was behaving in recent days. i shuted him up flipping the subject, stating i had some work nearby and would drop him on my bike at the restaurant to which he hesitantly agreed . I wanted him to feel comfortable , so i didnt want to be around when the girl arrives. The girl also was my friend then.
on that particular day my best pal looked different, divine and more like a lead of 70's gangster motion film. the flicks of his hair were gone, his hair combed backwards and the jovial persona had disappeared in him. He was scheduled for a busy evening ahead at 5pm intending to fix his 6 year long love relationship which had turned sour lately. I do not intend to write anything on this girl because primarily i believe she is not worth it.
on our way, i tried to explain him to be calm and intelligent. i have learned from my life that girls are more emotional than boys. if you try to clinch the girl you love, emotionally and if you are successfull she stays with you forever. i warned him of stupid things he might do , while listening to a conversation and all that gyan which i could possibly give him on our 10 min ride !.
he unboarded around the corner of the restaurant and stood beside me. I noticed a glimmer of hope in his eyes mixed with tantamounting fears of losing her too.
he was silent, nervous and guessy ,probably calculating his moves. the moves and arguments which might win his love. the last time i saw him in that state was on an examination day. i offered him a smoke to which he instantly turned down.i wished him good luck ,told him to call me as and when he was done. i drived away towards railway stn took a 'U' turn and kept my word given to her sister.
I decided to hang around the pan patti and wait for his phone call. the entrance of the restaurant started exactly on the footpath where sabji mandi was stationed and diagonally opposite to my present location.
an hour had passed by keeping myself occupied to fagging and surfing internet on my cel phone.
i called my girl friend to say, i loved her which i rarely stated in my conversations in our 3 year relationship. its surprising, that this type of enviornment helps you remember how lucky you are to have someone around you and more importantly love you. i told her that i was waiting for him and what was going on ? she offered to come around to which i bluntly rejected. i kept an eye on the restaurant door so that if he ignores to call, i did pick him up from there.
The worried sister kept on calling me every 15 mins, as if i was a live reporter of a leading news channel picking updates and coversing what was right and wrong for his brother. drizzles turned into heavy rains in that hour, which made me smoke ,a few more.
after 2 long hours i saw them, walking out of the restaurants. the girl boarded a rickshaw which was going in the direction of her home. he kept on looking at the rickshaw, i guess as far as he could see and then reached for his celphone from his front jeans pockets near the entrance of the restaurant. i sneaked in from behind the small lane behind the panpatti and went towards the corner where my bike was parked ,which was not visible from the entrance of the restaurant. i picked up the call, and informed him that i was coincidentally nearby the place.
it had then, started to pour more heavily. horizontal rain and strong winds rendered several things like crafted tokri's and plastic sheets blowing on the streets
i reached there, and i knew the outcome of his meeting since there were no good byes when i had last seen them.
i switched off my engine.
we kept looking at each other before he broke down.
i immediately took him in my arms like a child before even getting off from my bike.
he kept on sobing in front of a mediumly populated sabji mandi for 5 mins saying, why is she doing this to me?, i love her, someone make her understand ?
at the same time, i kept on saying, its okie, dont worry everything will be fine, if she wants to go let her go. etc etc
i didnt realease him from my arms till he went quiet . some bhaiya's selling bhaji's started doubting that we were gays.
it was showering heavily and there we were in each others arms. it didnt matter to me what anyone passing by actually thought , what mattered was my best pals feelings.
Its often good to cry out your loss , which makes you feel much more lighter
I advised few things that life had taught me from my previous experiences
we directly headed to vrindavan bar,
we ordered beers, as i secretly texted his sister that things are over and he's with me.
we had our drinks silently, i tried to change the mood but i guess he wanted some space.
i realised that day that " its far easy to get into love, than come out of it".
I dropped him at his home after an hour
I gave him an hug while leaving and whispered " remember nothing breaks you down ? he nodded and gave me a confident smile
i kick started the bike to meet my grilfriend to whisper in her ears , what was long due !

6 comments:

shailkrish said...

hahahah everything goes on record. Heheheheh. Blow it up. There is a new beginning for sure.

Umang Rathod said...

:) mate its a beginining of a end, and after it ends. Jet set go !!
Zoooooooooooooom

Umang Rathod said...

an*

mayuri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mayuri said...

loved the last line ;)

Umang Rathod said...

well, thanx !!
I hope you felt the pain during reading it,
Help the pain vanish !!
only uou can do that :)